As the First Aid & Park Safety Lead you are the ambassador for safety and guest service in our park. You are the first responder to any first aid calls for both staff and guests and you will play an active role on our Safety Team, helping to identify potential safety hazards and ensuring all safety policies and procedures are being followed daily.
DAILY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to all First aid Calls for Santa’s Village and Muskoka Zipline & Aerial Park, providing care to any employee or guest in need of medical assistance.
- Complete required documentation for each incident in our electronic Risk Management Program.
- Complete Weekly inspections of all First Aid kits and stations to ensure required standards are met.
- Participate in Monthly JHSC Committee inspections and meetings.
- Conduct daily “Safety Walks” to monitor the actions of staff in various departments and ensure safe operating practices are being followed.
- Provide safety coaching & counseling to staff in all department as required.
- Must have current, valid Standard First Aid CPR certification.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and professional behaviors, specifically maintaining confidentiality and sensitive information or dealing with diverse personalities.
- The ability to stay calm and keep a professional attitude at all times.
- Capable of independent and self guided work, easily adapts to change.
- Knowledge or experience with crowd control techniques would be considered an asset.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift, stand or walk for the majority of shift
- Be available to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays